Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tomatoes

I have decided to plant quite a few tomatoes this year,

First I picked up 3 rather large (1 gallon pot size) cherry tomato plants.  Then I picked up 4 much smaller plants (not sure the pot size) - grape tomatoes.  And last but not least I am waiting for my garden centre to bring in the one gallon size Roma tomatoes (should be here around the long weekend).

The cherry tomato plants were well established - one plant actually had 2 small tomatoes on it when I brought it home!

I planted the 3 cherry tomatoes in the ground and the 4 grape tomatoes are in pots on my deck (where they will stay), the Romas will also be put into the ground when I get them.

Here are some pictures of my little babies!


Cherry tomatoes & flowers


These next 2 photos are of the 2 tomatoes that were on the plant when I bought them, it was very hard to take the picture since there is a fence right there, hence my face in the second picture.




The grape tomatoes are obviously a little behind, they were about 1/3 the size of the cheery tomatoes plants when I brought them home, but we are starting to get our buds on all 4 plants.


** Note - these pictures were all taken last week when there was actually sun in Calgary. **

No comments:

Post a Comment