Friday, August 12, 2011

Lemony Asian Chicken Skewers

I saw this recipe posted on a blog I follow: Family, Food, Fitness and Fun.  I made just the slightest modification but you can find her original post here.

These are absolutly delish!  I cut up my chicken and made the marinade the night before.  So when I got home from work, just put them onto the skewers and dinner was ready.


Lemony Asian Chicken Skewers

2 boneless, ckinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon coconut oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon minched fresh cilantro

Cut up chicken into small cubes.
In a small bowl combine brown sugar, soy sauce, coconut oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, cumin and cilantro.  Add chicken to bowl and toss to combine.
Marinade chicken overnight of for at least 4 hours in the fridge.

Heat BBQ to medium.  Thread chicken cubes onto skewers.  Grill until cooked, turning often.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment