Thursday, November 24, 2011

Conversation With a 3 Year Old

Let me first start by tell you all I have NO privacy what-so-ever at home.
If you have or had small kids, you know what I am talking about, if not, trust me.
I consider myself a pretty smart parent.  I usually wait until they are fully engrossed in their favourite TV show or a new craft to get just a little bit of privacy, to use the washroom.
But there is something that happens to every child when you vacate a room.  Their spidey sense perks up and notices almost immediately that they have been abandoned for obviously a much better option.

So needless to say, I snuck away to use the bathroom, praying for peace, but Little Boy followed me.  Here is our conversation:

Little Boy: Mommy, what are you doing?
Me: I am pooping honey; can you go see what Daddy is doing?
Little Boy: no, I see your poo?
Me: (Should I ignore him?) No honey. Go find Daddy.
Little Boy: No, I stay with you!
Me: Okay, let’s weigh you and find out how much you weigh!!
(a little later after we have weighed him a few times)
Little Boy: Bye, bye monster poo!!!

I could not help but laugh. 

1 comment:

  1. There's worse places to be followed than the bathroom! I can tell you that from experience :)

    ReplyDelete