Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Little Girl


I did not post this on her actual birthday, how bad of me I know, but I still wanted to do a post dedicated to my now 5 year old.

First I know it is so clichéd, but it is so true, I can't believe she is 5 already!
As I look back at the past 5 years, it feels like it was just yesterday but at the same time it feels like it was over a decade - there is no other way to describe it but like that, and I am sure there are many parents that can relate the same way.

Five to me feels like such a big year. 
A milestone year.
Maybe it is because I have memories from when I was 5.
Very clear memories, and so I know that now, she will also have memories from some of the things that go on in her life.

I thought I would ask her some questions.  I am going to try and ask here these same questions next year and we will see how much her answers change.

Q: How old are you?
A: 5!

Q: What grade are you in?
A: I don't know?

Q: Who is your teacher?
A: Mrs. Brosch

Q: What is your favourite colour?
A: Pink and purple (hmm, big surprise there)

Q: Who is your best friend?
A: Teá (friend from school, and I know this answer changes daily if not hourly)

Q: Do you have a boyfriend?
A: Anthony, Carter & Logan (wow, busy girl)

Q: What is your favourite food?
A: Strawberries and cookies (interesting, since that was the snack that Tea brought to school yesterday??)

Q: What is your favourite animal?
A: Kitty (really? we don't even have one)

Q: What do you want to be when you grow up?
A: (pauses to think about this one) Like you Mommy! (ohhh, I think I melted a little bit there)

Q: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
A: Here, Earth (Can you tell they have been learning about the planets in school?)

Q: What is your favourite thing to do?
A: Make crafts in school.

Q: Is there anything you want to add?
A: I like to play with my Rapunzel and Cinderella dolls.

When Little Girl was first born I did not have an instant connection with her.
It took me some time to feel that 'connection' that everyone talks about.  From what I have read, this is pretty normal, especially for first time Mom's.

But now it is different.  I enjoy so much our one-on-one time together.
Often on the weekends while Little Boy still naps, her and I will head out and go shopping.
Sometimes it is just to the grocery store, or sometimes it is to the mall.
Where ever it is, she is a fantastic shopping partner with me.
I often feel like she is way older than 5 and look forward so much to the years to come and our many shopping trips together.

I love you baby girl!





 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment