Tuesday, March 20, 2012

How Fast Do You Read?

Not only do I read food blogs and Mom blogs, but I also read book blogs.
I love to hear what other people are reading and I add their top reads to my list of books I want to read.

A post on a blog I follow asked the question: how fast do you read?
I hear that quite a bit actually, since I read a lot, I think people assume I read super fast and just fly through books.
Now I know I read faster than Hubby, but I do not think I read that much faster than the average person, so when Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'?  posted a link to find out how fast you read, I was all over it.

Follow this link to find out how fast you read.


My results:
You read 436 words per minute.
That makes you 74% faster than the national average.
Not bad, but definitely no speed reader.
I do know that I fluctuate in my reading speed based on what I am reading and also how interested in the book I am.

What about you?  Take the test, how fast a reader are you?

1 comment:

  1. Ha, so I've always been curious as to how fast Al reads. I got him to do the test and it turns out that he reads 1100% faster than the national average. No, that's not a typo. He reads something like 3300 words a minute and could read War & Peace in just under 4 hours. Talk about ridiculous!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete