Thursday, March 01, 2012

Skating


If you are Canadian, you should know how to skate.

You might be like me and not know how to do a hockey stop, but I think all Canadians should at least know how to tie on a pair of skates and be able to join in the counter-clockwise rotation of public skating.

I can remember being 4 years old and my parents taking us to an indoor rink and I learned how to skate by pushing an old chair around the ice.

I have quite a few friends who have enrolled their children in skating lessons, because Little Girl has not been the greatest at unparented  classes in the past, we decided Hubby would teach her how to skate – at least the basics for now.

We started last year and she did okay, but could not move at all without a learning support.

This year, first time out she was pushing her support to the side and skating.

Hubby has taken her a few more times and she is doing fantastic – loves it, and proving to us she is Canadian through and through!

No comments:

Post a Comment