Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Monday!

Hello how is everyone today?  I hope you had a good weekend. I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes last week – it sure makes you feel loved when you get so many on Facebook.

In celebration of my birthday Hubby bought a cake and some flowers, a birthday is just not complete without cake according to my kids.
Then on Saturday night we went out for dinner with my sister and her husband.

We wanted to go to Bolero, but were unable to get a reservation as so instead we went to Wellington’s, honestly it was okay.
Not fantastic, not terrible, just okay.  Next time, note to self – make a reservation way early.

Even though we got a dump of snow on my birthday, most of it has melted already so I was able to check out a few things starting to happen in my back yard.

Rhubarb


These are volunteer onions – I am not sure if they are green onions or yellow onions – they were planted pretty close together last year – I am really hoping they are yellow onions and hopefully they will be nice and big and ready for me to harvest mid-summer.

Oh, I can't wait, soon we will be able to start working the dirt and plant another garden.
I am planning a few different things than I planted last year - this year I am going to try cucumbers - crossing my fingers!

What about you?  Do you plant a garden, maybe a few potted things on your deck?
What are you planning on growing this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment