Friday, April 20, 2012

Kulinary Kids Cooking Class

Do you have a little chef?  Or maybe an aspiring little chef?

As you all know, I spend quite a bit of time in the kitchen.  I have some very early memories of being in the kitchen with my Mom and I think one of the most important tools I can teach my children is how to cook.

I know not everyone wants to know how to cook, or I guess there are some people that have a hard time making KD, but I really don't understand those people.
Frozen pizza is not real food!

I guess it just comes naturally to me, I know what it means when a recipe says to dice an onion and mince garlic.
So I spend time with my kids in the kitchen and I know as they get older we will spend even more time together cooking and baking.

What I have not done yet though, is take either of them to a cooking class, but when Kulinary Kids announced on their Facebook page the other day that they where holding a draw for some free classes, I jumped at the chance - as luck would have it we won one!

I won a spot for Little Girl to attend one of their Growing Chefs classes.  It is a 1 hour long, unparented class where they help make one item, class is valued at $40.

On the agenda for this week: Mexican Churros.

Little Girl was super excited for the class, but when we got there her shyness kicked in.  Although it is unparented, she asked that I stay, which I didn't really mind - I got to take some fantastic photos and saw her doing things I have not allowed her to do at home yet.






The final product.

Little girl had a great time, she was so proud of herself and the food she got to bring home.
It was a super big confidence booster for her!  I highly recommend signing your kids up for a class, or summer camp.

#224, 12100 Macleod Trail SE
Calgary, AB
403-276-CHEF (2433)

Disclaimer: I received 1 free class for Little Girl to attend and was asked only to provide feedback in return.  I was not asked to blog about it, but seriously, why would I not?

3 comments:

  1. Thank-you so much for the wonderful post Jenny! The pictures look fantastic - and we were happy to spend the class cooking with "Little Girl"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Jenny, Thanks for posting about it. I would love to check it out for my little one, she loves to help me in the kitchen! I make almost everything from scratch.
    tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I will have to look into it!

    ReplyDelete